Saturday, September 4, 2010

The Sun Goes Down on My Summer

The Sun Goes Down on Summer




I sigh as I turn on the TV, this must be a dream,

Summer isn’t over yet, or so it seemed,

But I look out the window, and watch the sun go down on my summer.

Text my friends for one last sleepover,

And tell them my saddening news,

Korver, Brewer, and even Booze all traded to another team,

Now the Jazz are sure to lose.



Babysitting energizer bunnies,

Mowing the old folks lawns,

So I can have a few monies.

Shopping at the mall for the cutest clothes,

Spending all my money, and not knowing where it all goes.

Buying make-up, and products to tame my hair,

To cover up who I am, because in the summer I don’t care.



First day of school, I don’t want to go!

Walk through the doors; this all seems like a show.

Everybody a stranger to the person I’ve known them to be,

Showing me there is more to a person than what you see.

The gossip already fills the halls, guaranteeing a few brawls.

The warmth of summer fades, and the sun goes down on my summer.



Now that we are back in school the world shivers,

All of us missing the warmth and light the sun once delivered.

Looking around the room, it’s crazy how much people change,

But even crazier how much they stay the same.

We are all soldiers in this war game,

Taking orders from the Misters and Misses,

The sun officially sets on my summer.

2 comments:

  1. Kim I love this! It's so true! I love when you say, "it's crazy how much people change, but even crazier how much they stay the same." and also, I like the babysitting energizer bunnies part haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really good, Kim! I agree: it is so true about all the people at school...:P I also like hearing your voice in the part about the basketball players. you're crazy, ya know..

    ReplyDelete